McAfee and Verizon Business have formed a global strategic alliance which has at its heart an ambition to provide integrated security solutions to businesses and government agencies worldwide.
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications, is one of the world’s largest providers of IT, communications, security and network solutions.
The alliance means that Verizon Business will offer McAfee’s entire line of enterprise security products and services. In return, McAfee will tap Verizon Business’ data center outsourcing and expert consulting and managed services capabilities. Working together on future projects, the two companies will jointly develop a suite of next-generation, cloud-based managed security services.
The basis of the agreement is to offer enhanced value to enterprise clients by providing comprehensive world-class security solutions and services, including new cloud-based offerings
Kerry Bailey, senior vice president of Verizon Business Global Solutions, said:
“This strategic agreement with McAfee enables us to drive even more complete and integrated IT solutions to enterprises across the world. Verizon Business will be able to expand and more fully touch every facet of enterprise security so that enterprises can confidently do business in this digital age. Our newly expanded and next-generation cloud capabilities will enable organizations to better use security as a strategic tool and business enabler.”
David Scholtz, senior vice president of worldwide strategic alliances at McAfee, said:
“This agreement underscores the importance of delivering comprehensive security solutions to meet the needs of business and government clients. The complexities of today’s threats and turbulent economic times call for agreements of this kind; where products from multiple providers are combined to help improve our customers’ investments and control their operational costs.”
The agreement between the two companies has several key components, including:
- Verizon Business will offer full complement of McAfee enterprise security solutions to its client base via Verizon’s customer premises equipment (CPE) catalog. The new security offerings broaden the choice of world-class security solutions available to the Verizon Business customer base. This will also help McAfee significantly expand its global distribution channel;
- from the autumn, Verizon Business will offer McAfee’s PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance services to banks and other organizations that support merchants that handle fewer than 20,000 e-commerce transactions, or up to one million credit card transactions each per year;
- McAfee customers will have access to the Verizon Business network of 1,200 security professionals. This teams designs, implements and integrates holistic security solutions worldwide;
- McAfee and Verizon Business will together offer a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services (MSS) to enterprises;
- Verizon Business will provide comprehensive data center outsourcing services to McAfee and help it consolidate its data centers. This will enable McAfee to further improve the 24/7 management of its Web hosting operations and better position the company to deliver cloud-based solutions;
- the two companies will jointly develop and market a suite of next-generation, cloud-based managed security solutions.
Guest Article by Neil Camp